Thursday, May 7, 2009

How on earth do I create a audiofile?


No problem, it is super-easy.

I have been working on our very-low-tech PC, and even on it, just go to the start menu, click on "start," "all programs," "accessories," "entertainment" and then select "sound recorder." From here, all you need to do is make sure your computer has a microphone, press the record button and speak into the microphone.

I am new at this myself, and on this low-tech sound recorder, it has a default of 1 minute recordings. You can get past this by simply pressing the record button again every time you get to the one minute mark. It is a little annoying and I will be fiddling with this to see if I can get this to stop. It basically means that you have to keep your eye on the recorder and make sure to hit the button again at each minute. If you don't, your recording stops.

If you want to go higher-tech, you can download Audacity at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/. It is free and looks pretty cool, althought I have not tried it yet. Much better for editing!

Beyond that, just remember to read the title and author of the book. I have been making a bell chime at each page turn because my kids like it, but that would be optional. Of course, you can use whatever sound you want to delineate a page turn, and just skip it entirely if you prefer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Blog List

Term of Use

The Guest Reader Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino