Saturday, May 9, 2009

A few more recording tips...


Earlier this week, I posted info on how to create an audiofile here: http://theguestreader.blogspot.com/2009/05/how-on-earth-do-i-create-audiofile.html. Since then, I have downloaded the Audacity freeware and it is great! You can download it at www.audacity.sourceforge.net. If you use Audacity to record your audiofile, you don't run into the glitch that I was having with my computer's sound recorder, where I kept having to re-hit "record" at every one-minute interval. You simply hit "record" and then "stop" when you are done. Using Audacity, you can also export your WAV files as an MP3. To do so, you need to also install the LAME MP3 library. Check out http://www.andybrain.com/qna/2008/01/12/how-to-convert-wav-files-to-mp3-files/ for instructions. I did this and it was super-easy, and definitely the best free way to convert WAV to MP3 that I could find.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Blog List

Term of Use

The Guest Reader Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino