Really, adding a chime sound to your audiofile is completely optional. I like the variety of some that have chimes and some that don't because I find that the audiofiles without chimes read very smoothly and are more interesting for older kids. On the other hand, the chime effect to indicate a page turn is very fun for the younger kids and can add to that delicious no-need-for-adult-help factor.
I have messed around a fair amount with my chime sound, and finally settled on using a sound effect that I got on the web. I actually just record my books without any chime, then go back and insert the chime sounds into the audacity file. To save even more time, while recording I blow into the microphone at the page-turn time. This creates a huge jump on the visual of the audiofile, so later I just paste the chime sound over each of the sound jumps, and I don't even have to listen to figure out where the page turns are. Does that make sense at all?? Anyway, if you want the chime that I use, you can download it here.
So: easiest is no chime at all. OR use a homeade sound like a handbell or whatever. OR if your kids are driving you nuts by constantly ringing the handbell when they aren't supposed to, feel free to use Maria's chime file. Any of it will work!
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment